We live in a fast-food, microwave world of instant gratification. Our desires are a click away from being fulfilled. While this is great for obtaining information and purchasing products, it can make us think everything in life can and should be so efficient. But we instinctively know better. There are some things – often the best things – that can only be fulfilled through patient attention and care over an extended period of time. If the goal is health and fruitfulness, it requires cultivation. In this sermon series, we will take time to consider the importance of cultivating relationship in community. And because the way we – the church – love and relate to one another demonstrates the love of Jesus, cultivating community is vital to a faithful witness to the world around us. We don’t want to do community or mission, or even community and mission. We believe the best way to witness to the world is to do community on mission. Join us as we learn and grow together as a community on mission, Sundays this Fall.
- Cultivating Community on Mission (September 3, 2017)
- Cultivating Gratefulness (September 10, 2017)
- Cultivating Contentment (September 17, 2017)
- Cultivating a Heart for Others (September 24, 2017)
- Cultivating a Heart for Ninevites (October 1, 2017)
- Cultivating Mission on Prayer (October 8, 2017)
- Cultivating a Heart of Obedience (October 15, 2017)
- The Enjoyment of God (October 22, 2017) Not part of this series.
- Cultivating Hospitality (October 29, 2017)
The following sermons are not part of this series but are listed here because they don’t belong to a series.
- Taste and See (Byung Ham, November 5, 2017)
- By Any Means Necessary (Irwyn Ince, November 12, 2017)
- Hope For The Broken (Rob Yancey, November 19, 2017)
- Who’ll Send The Rain (Bill Fullilove, November 26, 2017)
- Preceding Series: From Babylon to Rockville