WELCOME TO CCK (CROSS COMMUNITY KIDS)
“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31
To assist our covenant children, their friends, and the children in our neighborhoods to grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through:
Discipleship: Where each child learns of God and His redemptive plan for them and the world through the teaching of Holy Scripture.
Love: Where each child hears, sees and experiences the love of Christ, and in turn grows in loving God and those around them.
Evangelism: Where each child is encouraged to pray for and reach out to those that may not yet know Christ.
Equipping: To equip and encourage the parents of Cross Community Church in their God given role to teach and train their children in the Lord.
GET TO KNOW OUR CLASSROOMS
NURSERY & TODDLERS (NEWBORN-4 YEARS)
Our nursery and toddlers room is a safe, calm environment for babies and toddlers. Our nursery volunteers will gently care for your young child, and facilitate age appropriate playtime. They will also be engaged in a lesson from The Gospel Project for Kids curriculum. Depending on your preference, a female volunteer can change your child’s diaper, or you may be called for a diaper change. Any potty-training children will have to be accompanied by their parent for bathroom needs.
CCK’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
CCK’s Sunday School is for 5–11 year olds and runs during the school year. Students stay with their parents in the service till right before the sermon starts. We want to help build their foundation of faith by engaging them in our times of singing worship songs and reading liturgy. Once dismissed from service, children will walk with their parents to their classroom. Here, children are engaged in a lesson from The Gospel Project for Kids curriculum.
Below you may find bullet points of our Children’s Ministry Policy. To obtain a copy of the full document or for any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All CCK volunteers and Sunday School teachers must pass a background check to be allowed to serve.
- All classrooms must have 2 adult volunteers while any child is present in the classroom
- No diaper changes are allowed in the nursery/toddler room unless specified by the parent
- No volunteers are allowed to take a child to the bathroom. A parent must be called to escort or assist their child for any bathroom needs while the child is checked-in to the ministry.
- Due to allergy concerns, no snacks are given to any children during their time in the Children’s Ministry or Sunday School.